Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Graphic New Year!


In addition to the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (BYMRBYD) Challenge, I have decided to read two graphic novels each month. I was given a handful of graphic novels for Christmas and immediately ran out to buy 500 Essential Graphic Novels and see how many were listed. It then dawned on me that I should try to make a dent in this giant list! Therefore, I will be reading one book from 1001 Books You Must Read Before you Die and two graphic novels from this collection. My selections will range from non-fiction, to fiction, comic books, horror, science fiction, and everything else. If you have read this blog from the beginning, you will know that I have favorite genres and others that I try to steer clear of. Hopefully, these two challenges will force me to confront those "other genres". As all of you can probably tell, this is going to be a very literate year for the rompers and you will be hearing all about it. So let's go crack open a book!

-DLP

No comments:

Post a Comment